Two short years ago, I met my daughter in a Civil Affairs office in Fuzhou, China.
On this day, I celebrate her and her loving, generous, sweet, sweet spirit. There are so many reasons to love this girl -- here are just a few.
- She sings ALL the time -- everything from Jesus Loves Me to The Killers' Indie Rock & Roll (seriously, word-for-word)
- When I pick her up from school and ask about her day, I get a detailed account - every friend she played with, every snack consumed, every song sung and every art project completed
- I get LOTS of artwork - a new work each and every day. And she always puts her name, my name, and Mom on it, lest I get confused for whom she created her masterpiece
- She was relentless in learning how to snap her fingers and now snaps better than any of her brothers
- She still tells me daily that she missed me when she was in China
- She completed a Mother's Day questionnaire at school and told her teacher and all her classmates that I'm 22:)!
- She asks me every night to carry her like a baby when it's time for bed
- She loves to have her toenails painted, preferably with a pink flower on her big toe
- She often completes my sentences for me
- She's mine
I love you to the moon and back my sweet girl.