- 10/09/06 -- Submitted application form to AHH in consideration of Xin Xiang, aka Mya
- 10/12/06 -- AHH MATCHED US WITH MYA
- 10/13/06 -- Mike and I met with Stacie at Adoption Assistance regarding Home Study amendment
- 10/19/06 -- Submitted LOI and PAPL
- 10/22/06 -- Cancelled our contract with CCAI; sent letter to inform them that we've found our baby girl on another agency's waiting list
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Sunday, October 22, 2006
- Tatum is out, per Michael and Sawyer;
- Willow is out per me (because my sister, Lori, forwarded this photo to me .... remember Willow, the movie? Willow is on the right);
- Hagan does not like Evan;
- Sullivan is still trying to convince us that Eileen Kotino is the most beautiful name in the world ... go figure
We've now thrown Aden (although I think it may be too close to Hagan) and Brimlee into the mix. I like Sloan, but Michael definitely doesn’t want to use a one syllable first name … it’s too awkward with Curd.
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Friday, October 13, 2006
She looks so much thinner without all those layers of clothes on. I've magnified the photos as much as possible so I can study her little hands and toes. Sawyer likes the way she tucks her bottom lip in and Sullivan likes her Mickey Mouse sandals! She's ADORABLE!!
We STILL haven't decided on a name for her, although we'll definitely use Xin, her Chinese name as her middle name. We have a top four list (for now):
- Tatum (Tate for short)
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Here's what we know about her as reported at 18 months of age:
- Her Chinese name is Dang Xin Xiang. The given surname, Dang, is usually somewhat arbitrary, after the orphanage or its director.
- Her birth date is August 20, 2004 (Our Wedding Anniversary!), so she will be about 2 1/2 years old when we bring her home.
- She resides at the Social Welfare Institute of Zhangzhou City, an orphanage in the Fujian Province.
- She is 84 cm (33 in) tall and weighs 12 kg (26 lbs). She is in the 98th percentile on the Chinese growth chart and in the 92nd percentile on the American growth chart. Not being a family of significant height (TRULY), Sawyer noted how ironic it would be if she ends of being taller than any of us:)!
- She can stand steadily and walk freely by herself. She can take building blocks out of a cup and use two pieces of blocks to knock at each other. She is cooperative when "being put on clothes and take off unlined clothes and socks." (I love the translations!)
- She can imitate speaking and can speak three to five words. She responds to other's asking for her belongings.
- She has breakfast at 6:30, lunch at 11:30 and supper at 5:30. Her staple food is congee and her snacks consist of egg, fruit, milk powder blended with rice cereal, and biscuits.
- She is active and has a ready smile (I can't wait to see it -- I have a feeling it's going to light up our world)!
- Her favorite toys are a doll and a rattle.
On a side note .... Hagan and I did the happy dance:)!
Monday, October 9, 2006