Thursday, April 24, 2008

That Was Chinese

So tonight we're sitting on the bleachers at Hagan's soccer game and Oakley is in a silly mood.

Ballgame concession stands seem to affect her that way -- she gets all giddy. Pizza, hot dogs and M&Ms send her right over the edge.

She starts some nonsense talk ...

"Chinme mwaha nenochu. Manemane
shupe."

"What did you say?" I asked. "I can't understand you."

"You can't?" she asks (all serious-like).

"No, I can't," I said.

She smiles up at me and quips, "That was Chinese."

funny girl

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

How cute! She is really growing up so fast!!!

Beckyb said...

C'mon Mom, you REALLY are SUPPOSED to KNOW those things!!! :) Too cute!

The Ferrill's said...

LOVE HER!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You'll have to take Chinese lessons. Chinese is difficult to
learn. I like her version, cute.
Mary

All 4 My Gals said...

Okay how DID the cutest little girl in the whole wide world end up in your house? She amazes me! The little giggling picture has me wanting to head that way for a visit! HUGS

redmaryjanes said...

Hi there! Your blog is so cute and so it your little girl. What great photos.

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Oh my she's so funny!! :)
~Lynn

Mission To Macie said...

Macie does that too but my husband usually does it to her first. She thinks it is hilarious!!Or he will start singing Happy Birthday in Chinese all WRONG and she corrects him. I really should video that kinda stuff. LOL

These girls! What would we do without them? You take the cutest pictures of Oakley. She always seems to have that beaming smile on! Cute cute cute!

Jill and Macie