Saturday, June 28, 2008

Time with Friends

We just got home from a fabulous week at Dale Hollow Lake! We vacationed with some of our closest friends, Joe and Nicole, and their four precious girls. It was a week of boating, swimming, campfires, roasting marshmallows, fishing, cliff jumping, tubing and skiing. The weather was perfect, the company was great and we all had a wonderful time!



The kids all got along so well and I think they really enjoyed each other -- I know mine did!! I've heard from all the boys that we need to spend more time together (and we do). Hagan is already plotting a get-together at a water park next week.

I love this family dearly, cherish their friendship and respect their values. It was so great to finally get to spend some quality time together. Our schedules are so busy that Nicole and I usually manage just a phone call every week or so, and then, it's just the basics. Although we've been friends for ages, and we don't live THAT far away from each other, this is the first time we've been able to spend this much time together in a LONG time, and it was great getting to know each of their girls even better.


We spent the week at a cabin on one of the most beautiful lakes ever! We were out of cell phone range, and didn't have access to the internet, so I spent much of today catching up on emails and some of my favorite blogs . . . in between doing loads of laundry.





Although we had the best time, it was good to get home. Oakley didn't take a nap at all during our vacation because we spent all day on the water and she didn't want to miss a thing.

She caught up on some much needed sleep and took a 3 1/2 hour nap this afternoon while I uploaded over 350 photos (be prepared for more posts:)! She was content to stay in her pajamas all day and while eating lunch this afternoon, she commented, "I'm so happy to be at my home!"

How sweet is that?!?

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

These are GREAT photos!!!! I am so glad that you all had such a wonderful week. It looks like the weather was perfect!!!!

All 4 My Gals said...

We love you all! :) Water park sounds great!

Mission To Macie said...

Oh how fun!

Great pics!

Glad to see y'all are having a fun summer.



Jill :)

Deb said...

looks like great fun! Love all of these pictures! Beautiful!