Saturday, May 24, 2008

What a Doll Baby

I love that Oakley loves her baby dolls, especially her Bitty Baby doll. She likes pushing her around in her stroller, feeding her in her highchair and playing tea party with her. She also puts her to bed each night and covers her up (head and all) before she climbs into her own bed.

Bitty Baby joins us at church frequently and Oakley always puts this little gown on her -- I guess it's her "Sunday Best!"


Don't get me wrong, she also loves trains, Matchbox cars, and soccer ... and she can hold her own in a wrestling match with any of her brothers.

But when I see her playing with her dolls ... the way she caresses their faces, gazes into their eyes, and loves them tenderly ... it melts my heart.

My baby girl has a heart full of love and compassion.

10 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

SWEETNESS!
Jana, my girls still love their Bitty Babies! Even though the older two have graduated to the American Girl big dolls, they still cannot bear the thought of giving up their Bitties!

Mission To Macie said...

So sweet!

Stefanie said...

She's just imitating all the lovin' she gets from her mama :)
I love these pictures, you can see what a tender heart Oakley has, and she is just beautiful in that white dress!

Mom 2 six said...

Jana-Oakley melts my heart. I love her smile and the love in her eyes !

ang :o) said...

That is the sweetest thing! Those photos brought a smile to my face! Thanks.

Whitty's Four said...

She is quite the baby doll, I love that girl!! And so does Caeleigh.
Karen and Caeleigh

Candy said...

I can't even remember how I found your BLOG now but I have been following it for a while....I love Oakley's name and her beautiful SMILE...I love this baby doll post so sweet. I have two children from Guatemala my son has been home for 3 weeks now. HUGS Candy, Kya Blu, and Jagger Jett

Candy said...

I can't even remember how I found your BLOG now but I have been following it for a while....I love Oakley's name and her beautiful SMILE...I love this baby doll post so sweet. I have two children from Guatemala my son has been home for 3 weeks now. HUGS Candy, Kya Blu, and Jagger Jett

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Jana, I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. I truly understand what you are saying. Olivia is just now learning to love her doll and it melts my heart too. I so wanted Lili to play with dolls but she never did. Right before her death we had been working on how to love on her baby. The night she died, I found her doll at the door, which meant that she'd taken her with her to lay at the door (something she did every night). It is one of the most precious memories I have!
Oakley looks so beautiful in her dress and with her baby dressed up too!
I love coming to your blog and seeing your sweet family.

~Lynn

Anonymous said...

Awww, so incredibly sweet. I always loved watching Carter with her babies too. And Happy Gotcha Day to the Curd family!!

Love,
Marla