Saturday, May 3, 2008

Impersonations and Props

One of Oakley's favorite things to do is role-play, and her favorite person to role play is her Aunt Lori, my sister, who just so happens to be one of Oakley's all-time favorite people. and mine, too

In the past week or so, she's started adding props, and this is what Lori looks like each and every time she plays her. Notice the reading glasses. Lori comes over often to scrapbook with me and when she does, she always wears her readers, so Oakley apparently identifies her this way.

"Look, Mom, I'm Lori," she says.

And from then on, I have to address her as Lori, and I must always say her name when speaking to her.

For instance, if I say "Hello", she reminds me (rather impatiently) to say "Hello, Lori."

And so the game begins.

"How are you today, Lori?"

"I'm fine, Jana."

"You look really nice, Lori."


"Thank you. I like your pink lipstick, Jana."

"Do you want to go to the grocery store with me, Lori?"

"Yes, Jana. I want to get some milk and some raisins, Jana."

We have great conversations, Oakley, aka Lori, and I.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh I love her so much!

Aunt Lori

Jake and Taryn said...

Way too cute!! I am sure Aunt Lori just adores her and the fact that Oakley loves her so much! I love Oakley's imagination and creativity!!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Oh my how you are blessed! I cannot imagine a more perfect moment than playing pretend with your daughter!

~Lynn

All 4 My Gals said...

That is precious! And oh so smart!

Cynthia said...

Ok, that simply cracks me up!!!

The Ferrill's said...

How adorable! How I wish my sisters lived close enough! That is such a blessing!
K & Q always pretend to be animals so our conversations involve animal sounds...maybe soon they'll graduate to pretending to be people! ;)