Thursday, May 31, 2007

Farewell from Fuzhou

Keep in mind that these photos were taken while strolling the park, after breakfast, but before a shower, and BEFORE make-up!! Oakley was still in her pajamas. There is a beautiful park across the street from our hotel -- it's huge, peaceful and serene with waterfalls, bonsai trees and trails lined with bamboo. I'd love to post pictures for you but I've been threatened with my life if I post photos of scenery instead of Oakley:)! We intended to take a short walk, but ending up touring the park for hours!
In the morning, the park is full of people exercising, dancing, and singing. The locals are very curious and some will approach us and try to ask us questions. The children seem to love trying their English out and most will greet us with a "hello".






We are packing this morning to head to Guangzhou. We are excited to be preparing for the last leg of our journey, but it's bittersweet. We'll be taking Oakley from her province, from the only home she's ever known, and from the land of her birth mother. We vow to love and cherish this little girl forever -- she is our own.
Please keep us in your prayers as we travel by plane with Oakley. We have no idea what to expect for this two-hour flight and we hope it goes well.
Sullivan and Hagan:
Hey guys, Oakley let me give her a bath today. A huge step toward her and I bonding. Oh...did I mention that I fed her Smarties through the process? We must do what we must to make things work. I am really missing both of you very much and I can not wait to get home to see you. Maybe we can head to the lake next weekend if the weather permits. Sawyer sends his hello as well. I think he is getting anxious to get back home and we are tired of eating mystery meals. I also think he is missing his late night conversations with Molly. We do know that our dinner last night included frog and probably the entire frog. Sawyer and I know that we will be stronger through all of this. Sullivan, the next time you are offered an opportunity to send us a message you better take advantage of it. We need to hear from you like we are hearing from Hagan. See you guys soon.
Love, Dad

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these photos, I love this little girl and I love all of you! Be safe, be happy, be quick getting back home........I'm happy you are on the last leg.

We went to Pate's game and picked up Sullivan. On the way home Donna Kay called and we stopped and had a visit with them at Cracker Barrel. Sullivan had a delicious looking rootbeer float and was very happy!

Graham Cracker let him and Spencer choose something. I think he got Air Heads. :) Big Surprise.

Lori

Anonymous said...

Sooo sweet! She looks great and already much healthier. Amazing what love can do, isn't it?

Marla

Anonymous said...

I just can't get over how gorgeous she is! She is so beautiful .... that smile. Doesn't it just melt your heart?

Leslie said...

She is just a stunning beauty. So amazing the changes she has made.

Leslie

All 4 My Gals said...

Oh Jana I know it will seem surreal leaving China, but I can't wait for you to be home. Please call as soon as I can come meet her. I want to give you time with your family...but heck...I'm family too right? :) Love you and LOVE Oakley!

The Ferrill's said...

Praying for safe travels and continued smooth transition for Oakley!
laine

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures! I can't wait to see your scrapbooking of this trip -- a couple of albums!

When you get home, you must put your packing list on the blog. Did you have an entire suitcase of food? Gold fish, Cheerios, Smarties...

Love, Lisa P.

Anonymous said...

Jana,

I am so excited for you and your family! What a blessing Oakley is for your family and what a blessing your family is for Oakley. I've been on your blog everyday since you left and am loving seeing the transformation in Oakley and hearing about your adventure. Looking forward to seeing you and meeting Oakley sometime this summer.

Prayers,
Christy (Upbeat)

PS Yes, Joanna had her funky apple chai today.

Anonymous said...

Jana,
Okay...I have stopped the tears of joy and can finally take some time to write. Oakley is so beautiful and I have really enjoyed reading everything and seeing all of your pictures. I am so happy!!!!! Taylor keeps telling me how big Oakley looks and Keys loves the photo of you and Oakley walking hand-in-hand. We can't wait for your return!!! We love you!!

The Parks Family--
Michael, Kendy, Taylor and Keys

Unknown said...

Jana and Mike,
Little Oakley is one blessed little girl to have you both for parents and Sullivan, Hagan and Sawyer as brothers! She is adoreable. Welcome back home !

Roxanne